Major in History
Theresa Case, PhD, Coordinator
713 221 5217
A Bachelor of Arts in History provides students with the intellectual discipline as well as the research, analytical, and communication skills that will prepare them for careers in teaching, government, non-profit organizations, and the private sector. Students interested in pursuing a professional degree in law, history, library studies, public history, or other disciplines in the social sciences and humanities will find the skills offered by the History Degree to be particularly useful to them in their future studies.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates who earn a BA in History will be able to demonstrate:
- The mastery of academic conventions appropriate to historical writing
- Historical awareness of global change.
- The intellectual discipline necessary for historical study.
- The research skills necessary for historical study.
- The mastery of academic conventions appropriate to spoken discourse.
- Historical awareness of the United States’ development.
NOTE: Students must select either the standard concentration or the education concentration in order to complete a BA in History.