Priscilla Oehlert, MBA, Director, Insurance and Risk Management Center
Insurance & Risk Management faculty: Hurley, Oehlert
Students are taught risk management processes for handling business and personal risk exposures including property and liability risks, financial planning, employee benefits and international loss exposures. Courses include content developed by and in collaboration with The Institutes, The American College and the National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research for industry professional designations. These designations are recognized throughout the world and sought by industry professionals and hiring managers, giving UHD graduates a differentiator from other business graduates. Students that earn this degree will have opportunities to interact with industry professionals to evaluate different career paths, apply for internships and secure career positions in this dynamic profession.
Insurance and risk management is one of the fastest-growing international business opportunities with a rapidly expanding number of new and replacement positions opening in the next two decades. Within the first five years in the industry, insurance and risk management careers rank third highest in earnings for college graduates. Students can choose from careers with mega-large international companies to entrepreneurial operations and find a lifetime of new and interesting educational and skill development experiences in a diverse and upwardly mobile profession.
- Insurance and Risk Management majors will produce effective written communication
- Insurance and Risk Management majors will demonstrate effective oral communication
- Insurance and Risk Management majors will employ analytical thinking
- Insurance and Risk Management majors will demonstrate knowledge of the BBA common Core
- Insurance and Risk Management majors will recognize and resolve an ethical dilemma
- Insurance and Risk Management majors will effectively utilize technology
- Insurance and Risk Management majors will demonstrate expertise in the Insurance and Risk Management field