Supply Chain Management faculty: Brace, Cao, J. Davis, Elking, Hu, Vogt, Zhou
Every year more than $1,500 billion of materials are purchased by manufacturing firms alone. Federal, state and local governments purchase another $1,000 billion of goods and services per year. In Houston and across the nation, supply management, the acquisition and management of supplies and services, plays an important role in the economy. In the private sector, every dollar saved by purchasing and supply management professionals adds another dollar to profit. In the public sector, every dollar saved by a government purchasing office represents either a dollar available for another project or for tax reductions.
Career opportunities in the Supply Chain Management area are available for students with a sound understanding of purchasing and supply management strategies. Hospitals, city and county health departments, public utilities, and such diverse industries as engineering design and construction manufacturing, parts distribution, chemicals, oil, foods, trucking, pipelines, and retail organizations currently employ graduates of UHD’s program. A major in Supply Chain Management combined with a minor in engineering technology, marketing, or management provides a broad background, which can enhance students’ career opportunities.
The program is frequently updated in consultation with industry experts and the National Association of Purchasing Management-Houston and the local chapter of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing.
- Successful SCM graduates will demonstrate effective written communication In a SCM context.
- Successful SCM graduates will demonstrate effective verbal communication in a SCM context.
- Successful SCM graduates will demonstrate analytical thinking.
- Successful SCM graduates will demonstrate knowledge In the areas of the BBA Common Core
- Successful SCM graduates will be able to recognize and resolve an ethical dilemma) In a SCM context.
- Successful SCM graduates will demonstrate that they can effectively utilize technology In a SCM context.